Tuesday, 14 June 2016

My First Thoughts on The Task


I am very excited for my A Level coursework task that I will be undertaking this year. I have chosen the film trailer brief as shown in full with ancillary tasks below, and thus, I am now able to explore and work within the area of media that I am the most passionate about (video production) and thus, am incredibly excited to gain more experience across all areas of creating a professional quality film trailer and other production ancillary tasks too.






After teaching myself how to use numerous brand new software and presentation software for my AS Coursework,I am hoping to master new skills through learning to use new software relevant to video production. Specifically, I am looking forward to teaching myself to use Adobe Premiere Pro to a professional standard, as it will hugely develop my editing skills, which, if I decide to pursue a career in the Post Production area of the industry, will be an incredibly useful and invaluable foundation to my skills. After learning from my AS coursework to use professional audio editor Adobe Audition, I will once again be teaching myself to use Adobe Premiere Pro, a digital video editing software, to make our final product (film trailer) appear as authentic and of the highest quality possible. Specifically, I am looking forward to diversifying my knowledge of the type of editing that can be done, learning more about effective colour grading and continuity editing. Also, I am looking forward to developing my camera work skills, after having limited previous experience with working to a brief. Equally I want to learn how to effectively record sound for our film trailer, using microphones effectively, to make sure our trailer is as audible as a professional trailer.


Furthermore, I am now working with a new group from my AS Level, I am now working with Matt (matthewshearda2media.blogspot.co.uk) and Josh, (joshtaylora2media.blogspot.co.uk) as we all collectively are passionate about creating a film trailer, in comparison to other given briefs. I am looking forward to working with them as they have a very hard work ethic that will be incredibly important to meeting deadlines and schedules for the production stages in particular for our product. Additionally, I will be once again working with Frankie (francescatrotmana2media.blogspot.co.uk), as I did so on my Foundation Portfolio Task last year for AS Coursework. We worked incredibly well together and managed our time and tasks very effectively, whilst enjoying the task hugely at the same time, therefore, it made sense for us to continue to work together for this exciting Advanced Portfolio coursework task.Also, they are incredibly creative and imaginative, which we hope will result in our final product being a unique film trailer, (that still conforms to genre) but in its own right is a thrilling, exciting, appealing product for a believable new film.











1 comment:

  1. A lovely start to your A2 coursework blog (and a lovely, fitting background photo, by the way!) I am pleased that you have identified what skills you will bring to the project from your AS coursework as well as new skills that you will acquire along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete